Sunday, July 02, 2006

The plot thickens!

I have a wonderful 2 year old maine coon that I got from the UK. He was originally a rescue cat, but with a little reseach I actually found his breeder! That's another story. My initial reason for getting a bengal was to give Sebastian, my maine coon, a friend.

Sebastian

I have a large house in Hong Kong and so it was no problem having two cats and I knew that he needed company.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, Tracie, my wonderful breeder, mentioned that if I got the last kitten in the litter - a marble boy, it would be great for the litter and there was a standard discount.

Of course I said 'no' - but I had been drawn to pictures of the marbled boy many times. He was stunning! I started to ask some questions and found out that he was show quality, had a quieter temperament, and was heavily glittered. I kept telling myself 'no' until I was sitting at work one day and I knew I had to have him! And that was that. I am now getting two kittens.

Torrey at 8 weeks. So much glitter! Yay!

When? On the 11th July '06. I can't wait! It's like the night before Christmas. I am still stunned as I never even considered getting 2 cats - it wasn't even an option. Infact, if I had gotten another kitten it would have been a spotted one as I had no interest in marbled bengals at all. But this little guy is something special! I'm just know I'm going to thank my lucky stars that I got him after he gets here! We'll see.

Anyway, as Tracie had to put through the pedigree papers for Isabella and Starbuck, she named the marbled boy "Wildkatt Torrey". I still don't know if it'll be his day-to-day name, but I do like it!

More pics of Torrey









No comments: