Thursday, August 03, 2006

My 30th Birthday

My 30th! I had lunch with all the tamb girls at Mr. Steak at the Menu in New Town.



Then, for dinner I had the family meal at the Repulse Bay Hotel restaurant - Divine!!!

Family Picture


First I read all my cards. This one was from Mum.


This one from Rachel (which said, "If you were any cooler, you'd be me!).


This one from Nate that said "I wanted to give you the stars and the sun, but I decided to get you the moon instead!" (the picture says it all!).


Our reaction when reading Nate's card!


One of Nate's gifts!


Gifts from Mum - DVDs (in addition to my exercise bike thing).


The food was divine. My first starter was a little pasta tartlet wtih califlower and something. My second starter was double boiled sun dried tomato soup, infused with ceylon tea. Wonderful!


My main course was beef tenderloin with goose liver and truffle sauce.


Dessert was a ginger souffle - to die for! They brought it out with a candle and 'Happy Birthday' sign, complete with birthday song and a picture which they later presented to me in a card tied with a gold bow. Of course my meal was accompanied by iced lemon tea and then hot tea which was delightful.


These were the flowers that Dad and Rachel got me. Lovely.

All in all, a great day!


No comments: