Thursday, August 30, 2007

On Top of the Dining Room Doors

If there is one thing Starbuck loves to do it's jump, especially on top of doors. Sebastian won't even consider it (he actually only started to do more jumping after the kittens arrived) and Torrey seems bored by it. But Starbuck can be found on top of almost any door, cabinet, cupboard etc. you can imagine. He even balances on top of my wardrobe door and it's got to be around 2cm wide.

Anyway, I finally decided to get a few pics of him on top of the dining room doors. I say "doors" plural because there are two sets of doors that lead into the dining room, and when they're both open they back onto each other as you can see in the pics.






These pics were taken in January 2007 when the kittens were 10 months old. Starbuck at this time simply jumped onto the top of the doors and then just sat there watching life. Now, at 1 year and 4 months old he has taken to using the tops of doors as scratching posts - I can't believe how he manages to balance and rigourously scratch! And why he does this I have no idea considering my home is littered with scratching posts and surfaces of all kinds!!!

8 comments:

Monty Q. Kat said...

WHOA. That is PAWSOME! I want to try it out now!

The Furry Fighter said...

wow - proper little climbers! i personally don't like heights but castle can often be found on the kitchen cupboards ywoling for attention.
you bengals have an amazing sense of balance for such large cats!
xxx

Starbuck and Torrey said...

It amazes me, too! Yesterday I got some more of Starbuck on my bedroom door. The ones in this post were taken when he was a kitten and so you'll be able to see the diff. I'll try to post them!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is awsome~!!!!
You are doing wonderful job~!!!!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Hello Starbuck and Torrey, nice to meet you. :) Starbuck, you are a great jumper! I like to jump and get up high too. :)

BTW, I'm a Sphynx, a hairless cat. :) My human dad is allergic to cats, but fortunately isn't allergic to Sphynx. :)

Barb said...

Cats are such amazing animals! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I hope you'll come back soon. Join in My Heads Or Tails meme that's played on Tuesdays. :)

Lux said...

That is so cool! :::scoping out the tops of our doors:::

Starbuck must have perfect balance!

The Lee County Clowder said...

But of course, all those other scratching posts and surfaces are available for everyone. The tops of doors are there just for Starbuck. :-)